Matthew is a leader-in-training, but he’s been involved in Camp CARE since he was 9 years old! Camp CARE helped him understand his brother’s cancer diagnosis and also gave him lifelong friends who can relate to having a sibling with cancer. One of his most favorite memories is of course making those friends, but also being one of just a few who have been able to do a front flip off of the rope swing!
Bet you didn’t know that…
- Matthew enjoys playing all kinds of sports, especially basketball and soccer. He balances out all of that activity with playing videogames. (ha!)
- He also enjoys hiking and sitting in the hammock to enjoy nature.
- His guilty pleasure is a Lindt chocolate bar and truffles, but if he could only eat one food for the rest of his life, it would be spaghetti-os!
- When his family went on a Make-A-Wish trip because of his brother’s cancer, he got to swim with the dolphins!
- If he could have any one superpower, it would be to fly. He’s always wanted to soar through the air like a bird with the wind blowing through his hair.
- Matthew plans to go into the medical field to be a Physician’s Assistant. We have no doubt he will be awesome!
Matthew, we’re so glad you are on our staff this year! Thanks for being there for our kids.