After six years as a camper, Clare is excited to be a leader-in-training this year! As a cancer survivor herself, she is excited to get to know the campers and get messy in the Craft Cabin with everyone.
Bet you didn’t know that…
– Clare has a black Labrador named King. He is 12 and her best friend.
– She’s a big Hunger Games fan – Katniss Everdeen is her favorite character.
– She enjoys playing basketball and softball and writing poetry.
– Clare collects all sorts of rocks, which are displayed all over her house.
– Her hidden talent is Jeopardy! She’s good at answering the questions, particularly the history and geography categories. She also plays the piano and is pretty good at video games.
– Binge watching NCIS and Bones on Netflix is her guilty pleasure.
– Camp CARE is a family affair for Clare. Her parents used to serve on the Camp CARE board, and they’ve been attending the 5K for about 10 years.
– One of the craziest (and most fun!) things she’s ever done is the trapeze at Camp CARE! She’s also been on the high ropes course at High Point University and been zip lining in Costa Rica.
– Pasta with butter (lots of butter!) is her favorite food.
– When Clare was a camper, she had a stuffed polar bear that went everywhere with her (except the pool). We hope the polar bear will make an appearance this summer, too!
Clare, welcome to the staff side of Camp CARE!! We are so excited to have you!