The Camp Care 5k Results Are In!
What a successful event! The weather was perfect. We all ate well. We had almost 1,000 people come out, and we raised over $86,000! ** What a great day!
Click here to see some pictures from the day, then be sure to follow the link to the Flickr page to see even more!
Congratulations to our overall Fastest Men’s and Woman’s Winners:
David Willis – 00:16:58 Camille Martin 00:21:57
The winning runners received gift cards from Omega sports and medallions made by our very own Camp CARE campers!
We also awarded some fabulous prizes to these top teams:
Top 3 Fundraising Teams
#1 Team Lakeside with 22 members who raised $11,816!
#2 Team Jenna with 25 members who raised $6,977!
#3 Team Miller with 9 members who raised $5,817!
Largest Team Award
Team PJ with 44 members was the largest team!
(Note: Team PJ donated their prizes back to Camp CARE for later use)
Santa’s Helpers won best team costumes
Regan White as Wonder Woman won best individual (Non-team) costume
Please click on our sponsors link above to see all of the wonderful people and organizations that donated all the prizes for our winners, and all the food and drinks for the day. Plus see all of our corporate sponsors who generously donated to make this incredible day happen!
More Highlights of the Day
- Ira Cronin from WCNC TV was our MC, and did a fantastic job! Thanks Ira!
- We had a great lunch after the race all prepared by Camp CARE Staff volunteers and served by some great race day volunteers!
- DJ Dale kept the crowd entertained by rocking tunes all morning long!
- Temporary tattoos and face painting for kids of all ages!
- Dancing really did break out spontaneously at one point…there’s pictures somewhere!
- The balloon release to remember our friends and loved ones who couldn’t run or walk with us.
The P.J. St. Martin & Zack Dobbin Memorial 5k Run/Walk to benefit Camp CARE is the biggest fundraising event of the year for Camp CARE. All proceeds go toward providing the opportunity for children with cancer and their siblings to come to camp and enjoy fun activities liek swimming, boating, crafts, music, dancing and most importantly…making new friends!
**We raised over $86,000, a little short of our $95,000 goal. If you could not be there but you would still like to help us reach our goal, please click on the donate button above and be sure to note “5k Donation” on whichever method you choose to donate.
Additional 5k Questions? E-mail email@example.com