The big day is September 6th, 2014 at McAlpine Creek Park! The Camp CARE 5K Run/Walk is the biggest fundraising event of the year for Camp CARE. All proceeds go toward allowing more than 180 children with cancer and their siblings to come to a camp and enjoy fun activities like swimming, boating, crafts, music, dancing and most importantly, making new friends!
Want to see who is already running? CLICK HERE
What’s new in 2014?
We heard your feedback last year, so we’ve stepped up our game!
- Early packet pick-up will be available the night before!
- We’re adding a sensor pad to the beginning of the race as well as the finish so your final time is accurate.
- We’ll be starting in waves rather than all bunched together. So really fast people in front, a little slower next, then even slower, followed by our amazing walkers and strollers! Less traffic jams we hope!
- Most importantly…MORE PORTA JOHNS!
Camp CARE hosts a 5K like no other in the Charlotte area!
How is this one different you ask?
- Like other run/walks our course is still 5 kilometers or 3.1 miles, but we go off the pavement and through the beautiful cross-country course of McAlpine Creek Park.
- We have hot dogs after the race! And they’re free! We suggest trying one with a little chili.
- A live DJ will be rocking tunes all morning.
- Your very own cheering section…or sections!
A balloon release to remember our friends and loved ones who couldn’t run with us.
- Dancing tends to break out spontaneously. And often.
- Plenty of venders who have graciously donated supplies, prizes, money and more will be on hand to give out even more goodies.
- Up to 90 runners receive hand-made ceramic medals decorated by our campers
In addition to all the great winning runner prizes, additional prizes will be awarded to:
- The top three teams that raise the most money
- The team that registers the most members
- The wildest costume (as selected by our costume judges)
Here’s a sample of prize sponsors from last years event:
131 Main Restaurant, Charlotte 3Si Security Systems, Charlotte
Carolinas Aviation Museum, Charlotte Dilworth Neighborhood Grille, Charlotte
Innovative Speed Shop, Cornelius Laser Quest, Charlotte
Soul Gastro Lounge, Charlotte Fox and Hound Lake Norman, Huntersville
LKN Mini Golf, Cornelius FSFoodGrp, Charlotte
Vida Cantina Mexican Kitchen, Charlotte Xtreme Ice Center, Indian Trail
Queens Landing, Mooresville La Paz Rest, Charlotte
Can’t be there? Or you’re so excited you want to do more? Click HERE to donate an amount of your choice.
Additional 5k Questions? E-mail email@example.com